Pages

Praying Intentionally - Deeper In . . . Give It a Try for Free!

Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too!Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too!Praying grandparents. We all want to be praying grandparents. We all try to be praying grandparents, but how faithful are you in praying for your grandchildren - or children? Do you pray every day? Are you focused and intentional in how you pray? Or, do you feel like your prayers do not even reach the ceiling? Do you feel like you do not really know how to pray? Do you find it a challenge to pray every day? Whether we are grandparents or parents we know how important it is to pray for the children we love, but if we are honest, we may admit we struggle with praying faithfully.

It does not have to be this way. 

I used to struggle with prayer. I did not really know how to pray and felt like my prayers never even made it to the ceiling. I tried reading books about prayer, but found the formulas for praying to just be confusing - and one more thing for me to forget. I wanted to pray, but my day would get busy and I ended up not praying. 

Until one day when I heard Dr. Ed Dobson preach about prayer. He said the best way to pray was to pray Scripture back to God. This sounded like something I could do! I worked my way through the Bible and wrote out passages which I could pray back to God. These Scripture prayers became my Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children You Love, books! So far I have two books available - the Old Testament and Psalms. Each book provides 52 weeks of Scripture passages and prayers - for yourself to help you grow in your walk with God, and for the children you love.

It is very easy to follow - each day you'll find the week's Scripture passage /prayer divided into smaller portions to help you focus and pray intentionally. With Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! you no longer have to struggle with praying for yourself and those you love. Even if you are a committed prayer warrior, these books will help you focus your prayers by praying Scripture. 

I'm including one week's prayer here for you to see what they are like. You'll find my Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children You Love - Old Testament Edition at this link and Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parent's, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children You Love - Psalms Edition at this link. Get them and use them - you will be so glad you did . . . and so will your children and children's children! (Please share this with the grandparents and parents you know!)


Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too!In this book you’ll find Scripture passages from Psalms which you will not only be able to pray for your own life, but for your grandchildren /children as well.  Each week begins with a Scripture passage – feel free to read from any version of the Bible.

Then you will find a personalized Scripture prayer for yourself and one to pray for your grandchildren/children. It is divided into seven parts – one for each day of the week, so you will be able to think about the passage in portions – and pray more focused each day of the week.  As you pray the Scripture passages for a full week, you will be better able to understand what God’s Word is saying to you, pray for it to be real in your life, and in the lives of your grandchildren/children as well. 

We must be serious about praying, because we must love, know, and walk with God faithfully if we want our grandchildren/children to do so. 

Week 35 - Read – Psalm 100 - Pay attention to – 
 What does this passage tell me about God’s love?  What do I learn about God’s faithfulness and my response?  What do I especially like about this passage?  What do I not like or do not understand?  How does this help me know God better?  What will I do to live this passage today? 

Prayer  - 
Dear God, please help me notice all You do and shout for joy to You, worship You with gladness, and come before You with joyful songs. I know You are God, You made me and I am Yours; I am the sheep of Your pasture. I want to enter Your gates with thanksgiving and Your courts with praise. I give thanks to You and praise Your name for You are good and Your love lasts forever! I praise You for Your faithfulness, which continues through all generations! 

Please help my grandchildren/children notice all You do and shout for joy to You, worship You with gladness, and come before You with joyful songs! Please protect them from the lies of the devil, so they are not deceived, but instead know with confidence, You are God, You made them, and they are Yours; they are the sheep of Your pasture. Please give them hearts which are thankful and filled with praise; please help them see all they have and be thankful. I pray throughout their lives they will be able to see the truth; You are good and Your love lasts forever! Please help them to not be deceived, but to instead be able to see, experience and remember how You show Your great faithfulness. Thank You for Your great love for us, amen! 

Focus for the Week – 
Make this your prayer in the coming week and draw your thoughts to the following focus . .
 Sunday – Dear God, please help me notice all You do and shout for joy to You. Please help my grandchildren/children notice, experience the joy and praise You, too. Do I notice all God has done and is doing for me, or do I live without seeing? What has God done recently? Pray my grandchildren/children will see what God does for them, remember and praising God.
 Monday – I want to worship God with gladness and come before Him with joyful songs! Please help my grandchildren/children do the same. How does worshiping God with gladness change my life? How will I do this today? Pray my grandchildren/children will be glad in God, and have hearts which are quick to worship Him with joy!
 Tuesday – I know God is God! Please help my grandchildren/children be protected from the lies of the devil, so they are not deceived, but instead know with confidence, You are God. How does it change my life to know God is God? Pray my grandchildren/children will have eyes which see the truth, so they are not deceived, but will know with confidence, God is God.
 Wednesday – God made me and I am His; I am one of His sheep! Please help my grandchildren /children know they belong to You and see and remember how You care for them. How does it change me to know God made me and I belong to Him? Make a list of at least five ways I see God is my Shepherd and cares for me – and thank God! Pray my grandchildren/children are confident in knowing they belong to God and see and remember how He cares for them.
 Thursday – I want to enter God’s gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise! Please help my grandchildren/children have hearts which are quick to praise and thank You. What will I do today to “enter God’s gates with thanksgiving and praise”? How will this change my life? Pray my grandchildren/children will be thankful people who are quick to praise God.
 Friday – I give thanks to God and praise His name for He is good and His love lasts forever! Please help my grandchildren/children see all they have to be thankful for and make the choice to give thanks to You. Please help them throughout their lives be able to see the truth; You are good and Your love lasts forever! How does it change me to know God is Good and His love lasts forever? What will I do to thank and praise God for His never-ending love? Pray my grandchildren/children will be thankful.

 Saturday – I praise God for His faithfulness which continues through all generations! Please help my grandchildren/children so they are not deceived, but instead will be able to see, experience, and remember how You show Your great faithfulness, which continues through all generations! What will my life look like if I really believe God’s faithfulness continues through all generations? What am I doing to pass on a heritage of faith? How will I praise God today for His never-ending faithfulness? Pray my grandchildren/children will see, experience, and remember how God shows His great faithfulness to them and will grow to be people who pass on a heritage of faith.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...