Pages

The Best Mother's Day Gift & Why I'm An Intentional Christian Grandma

Today is Mother's Day and so I'm sharing with you a conversation I had with my five-year old grandson yesterday. He and his brothers spent Friday night here having their weekly sleep-over, but he woke up with a fever and headache. I told him I was praying for him and asking God to help him feel better. 

After a bit, he started to feel better. As I snuggled him, he, his brother and I talked about the Bible verses on our Generations Quest schedule for the day - Proverbs 3:5, 6 - which also happen to be our Scripture blessing verses. We talked about what it means to trust in God and I told the boys I prayed every day for them to love God with their all now and to grow to be men who will do the same through all their lives.

Caleb (five years old) told me; "Thank you grandma, for praying for me! I love God with my all and want to always love Him!"

This is the best Mother's Day gift ever - to have my grandsons love God and want to continue to love Him with their all! This is why I am intentional in my interactions with them and am focused upon passing on a heritage of faith to them. It is what matters the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...