Pages

The Most Important Thing I Can Do as a Grandma . . .

As a grandma there are many things I do for and with my grandsons. Of course I bake cookies . . . I do believe a grandma’s cookie jar should never be empty when the boys are in the house! We play games – from hide-and-seek when they were little (it always made me laugh when I’d count and then say; “Ready or not, here I come! Oh where, oh where could my sweet boys be?” and then they would say; “Under the table.”, or “In the closet!” or wherever they were, “hiding”!) to now playing chess with Josiah – he likes to play chess with me, because he nearly always wins!

We make crafts, we cook, we read books, we write our own stories and we do fun things like candy cane hunts. We also read God’s Word together, journal in our prayer/thankful journals, do science projects together and we pray together.

 Of all the things we do together, praying for and with my grandsons is one of the most important things I do. And, while as time goes by, the things we do together will change . . . we do not play hide-and-seek as much now as we once did . . . praying is one thing which we will not “grow out of”. Praying for and with my grandsons is one of the single most powerful and important things I will do throughout their lives.

So, with this in mind, today I want to share with you my prayer for my grandsons next week. Each week I pray through a different passage in Psalms for my grandsons (and my family as well). Next week I’ll be praying from Psalm 95 – which I personalized into the following prayer . . .

Dear God, please help my grandchildren/children experience what it means to turn to You for salvation, so they will make the choice to shout joyfully to You. I pray as they go through their lives, they will see You as their Rock; no matter what this life brings or how this world wants them to think of You. Please give them hearts which want to enter Your presence with thanksgiving, because they have been able to see and experience how You LORD, are a great God. As they look at the world around them today, please remind them of the truth; creation is in Your hand, from the depths of the sea to the tops of the mountains, You made them! Throughout their lives, I pray they will want to come, worship, bow down to You and kneel before You, the LORD, their Maker, because they know You are their God and they belong to You. Please help them learn to listen to hear Your voice; especially over the noise of this world, so they will not harden their hearts against You. Thank You for Your great love for us; I love You, too. Amen.


I will pray this prayer next week, focusing each day on a different portion of the prayer - I'll pray for the grandsons to turn to God for salvation, to be people who are quick to praise Him all their lives, for them to understand God is their Rock and they can turn to Him, and for them to have hearts which trust God and are not hardened against Him. I have much to pray about next week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...