Pages

Helping my Grandsons Learn to Pray the Scriptures!

My husband and I are praying through the Book of Psalms for our grandsons - and our daughter, son and daughter-in-law. We are using my book - Deeper In 4 Grandparents & Parents, Too! Praying the Scriptures for the Children You Love - Psalms EditionEach week we pray through a different passage, which is broken into seven smaller portions for focused daily prayer.

I am working on a "version" of this book for children where they will be able to pray through the same Scriptures as their grandparents - or parents - are praying each day. So, I've started having my grandsons give it a try! 

I take each week's passage from Psalms and simplify it for children, so they pray the same prayer each day for a week. I want my grandsons to learn to be people who talk to and with God - what better way for them to do this than to pray Scripture!

I love the following things about this -
  • My grandsons are praying!
  • My grandsons are learning to pray the Scriptures!
  • My grandsons are praying through the same Scriptures as their poppa and I are praying!
It matters what we do as grandparents and one of the most important things we will ever do is to help our grandchildren learn to be people who pray. Scripture teaches us God hears, listens to and answers our prayers. If our grandchildren learn to be people who pray, it will change their lives!

What do you do to help your grandchildren learn to pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...