Pages

Hand Down the Faith with Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children

When I was a child I always received books as part of my birthday and Christmas gifts from my parents. When I became a parent, my children always received books as part of their birthday and Christmas gifts from their dad and me. Now I am a grandma and my grandchildren receive a lot of books from their poppa and me. Books make wonderful gifts - any time of the year and for any special time . . . or to make any time special.

So, with Christmas just three months from today (yes, just three months from today) I would like to encourage you to consider purchasing a special book which will help the children you love learn to pray the Psalms and journal their prayers for themselves. This book - Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children - will help you hand down the faith to the children you love and it will be released in October. 


I designed this book with my grandsons to help children preschool through middle school pray the Psalms with 52 weeks of passages from the Psalms, along with information explaining what the verses are talking about and three prayers in words children will understand. For preschoolers and children who do not yet read, each prayer is presented with simple drawings. Children will be able to see the drawings, know what they represent and pray the Psalms. There is also a prayer each week for new readers - simple, to the point - just right for those who are learning to read. And, each week there is a prayer for older elementary/middle school children as well.


In addition, each week there is space for children to record their own prayer requests; and how God answers.


As grandparents/parents we often ask how we are able to hand down the faith. We wonder what is out there to help us engage the children we love, so they are able to learn to become people who pray, people who learn to see and remember how God is working in their lives, people who learn to walk with God. This is why I wrote Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children. I want my grandsons to learn to build a walk of their own with God and learning to talk with Him is the way for them to do this. My grandsons collaborated with me on making sure the prayers were worded in ways children will understand and they worked on the illustrations.


If you give books to children you love for Christmas, consider giving them Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children. If giving books is not part of your Christmas gift-giving tradition, consider starting this tradition this year. Keep watching, Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children will be releasing in October and I will be making the Kindle copy available for free when it releases. Praying Deeper Through the Psalms for Children will help you equip and teach your grandchildren to be people who talk with God for themselves - isn't this what we want to do?


#grandmas #handingdownthefaith #itmatterswhatwedo#grandparentingonpurpose 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...