Pages

Take a Peek at Don't Worry: It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren & Get the Kindle Copy for Just .99 Cents!

For the past few days I've been posting about how you are able to get the Kindle copy of my book - Don't Worry: It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren for just .99 cents - you have until 8pm edt on Monday the 17th when the special pricing ends. Today I am very happy to share with you a bit of the first chapter of my book -

You may read this and wonder; “What?!! How can it possibly be impossible to spoil my grandchildren? My son/daughter/son or daughter in-law often tell me I spoil my grandchildren; and I do so far too much!” I’ll explain . . . what do we do with things when they spoil? Well, of course we throw them away; but without a doubt we would never throw away our sweet grandchildren. Since we cannot; and absolutely will not throw them away, it means it has to be impossible for us to spoil our grandchildren

However, let me say while it is impossible for us to spoil our grandchildren, as grandparents, it is possible and even probable we will pamper them a tad bit from time to time and most definitely ‘well love’ them with great delight all of the time!

I have three grandsons whom I would never, ever throw away; they are absolutely not spoiled! Having said this, on occasion I do pamper them; I “well-love” and have great delight in them at all times . . . and they know this to be true!

When my oldest grandson was five years old he was quite the reader. He enjoyed sounding out words and loved being able to sit down with books, so he could read for himself what all those words had to say. This of course, made me a happy grandma as I want my grandsons to love reading. It also gave me an unexpected opportunity to see what my grandson thought . . . and a good laugh as well!

One day we were at the store with him and saw a sign which read; "Grandparents; so easy to operate even a child can do it!" My grandson read the sign and then said, "This is true! At least for grandma, that is. All I have to do to get what I want from grandma is to look cute and be polite!"

While I knew he had me firmly wrapped around his little finger, I didn't realize he thought it was "that" easy to "operate" his grandma. For the record, I do say "no" if I have to, but if I do not have to say "no", I do not because, well . . . I'm grandma . . . and apparently I'm "so easy to operate"!

If you are a grandparent or parent, you are extremely blessed! While the blessings of grandchildren and children bring much joy with them and we are able to laugh about not spoiling them, the truth is there are also responsibilities which come with the “package”. Let’s take a few minutes to consider some of the responsibilities we have as grandparents, how God models fulfilling these responsibilities for us, and then look at some of the joys as well.

Don't Worry: It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren is a book filled with personal stories, ideas for how you are able to hand down confident faith, and encouragement to do so. And, for three more days you are able to get the Kindle copy of Don't Worry: It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren for just .99 cents! It is a great book to read on your own and work through with friends as well! Please share this post with the parents and grandparents you know as Don't Worry: It is Impossible to Spoil Grandchildren is for grandparents, and parents, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Family of Her Own for Candy

  The summer of 2022 my husband, grandsons, and I went to the Humane Society to get a kitten. I wanted my grandsons to go with us because, f...